4/27/08

How Resilient are you? Quiz yourself

Rate yourself from 1 to 5 on the following: (1 = very little, 5 = very strong)

  1. In a crisis or chaotic situation, I calm myself and focus on taking useful actions.

  2. I'm usually optimistic. I see difficulties as temporary and expect to overcome them.

  3. I can tolerate high levels of ambiguity and uncertainty about situations.

  4. I adapt quickly to new developments. I'm good at bouncing back from difficulties.

  5. I'm playful. I find the humor in rough situations, and can laugh at myself.

  6. I'm able to recover emotionally from losses and setbacks. I have friends I can talk with. I can express my feelings to others and ask for help. Feelings of anger, loss and discouragement don't last long.

  7. I feel self-confident, appreciate myself. and have a healthy concept of who I am.

  8. I'm curious. I ask questions. I want to know how things work. I like to try new ways of doing things.

  9. I learn valuable lessons from my experiences and from the experiences of others.

  10. I'm good at solving problems. I can use analytical logic, be creative, or use practical common sense.

  11. I'm good at making things work well. I'm often asked to lead groups and projects.

  12. I'm very flexible. I feel comfortable with my paradoxical complexity. I'm optimistic and pessimistic, trusting and cautious, unselfish and selfish, and so forth.

  13. I'm always myself, but I've noticed that I'm different in different situations.

  14. I prefer to work without a written job description. I'm more effective when I'm free to do what I think is best in each situation.

  15. I "read" people well and trust my intuition.

  16. I'm a good listener. I have good empathy skills.

  17. I'm non-judgmental about others and adapt to people's different personality styles.

  18. I'm very durable. I hold up well during tough times. I have an independent spirit underneath my cooperative way of working with others.

  19. I've been made stronger and better by difficult experiences.

  20. I've converted misfortune into good luck and found benefits in bad experiences.

Scoring:
80 or higher very resilient!
65-80 better than most
50-65 slow, but adequate
40-50 you're struggling
40 or under seek help!

No comments: