4/23/08

Needs of the Heart: To be Intuitive

Intuition \in-tu-wi-shen\ n 1 : quick and ready insight 2 : the power or faculty of knowing things without conscious reasoning (The Merriam-Webster Dictionary, 1994)

Intuition may not always seem logical to your head, but to your heart it makes perfect sense. To fulfill the yearning of the heart to be Intuitive, a list has been made of what these yearnings are:

  • Gut feeling
  • Discernment
  • 6th Sense
  • Spiritual Guide
  • Harmony with nature and universe
  • United with Spiritual source of strength

Write down examples in which you have had intuitive experiences. This could be anything from sensing the need to call a friend, sensing that your child is in danger, or that something may soon come to an end. After writing down these experiences, think of the feelings you had in following them and the result from following them.

It is empowering when we realize that in listening to our heart, there are answers. We may not be as weak or incapable as we think. When we listen and follow the whisperings of our hearts, often the result leads to an unforgettable experience.

I myself have had one of the most incredible experiences of my life because I chose to tune into and follow when I felt prompted. I sensed a "gut feeling" for months about something I hadn't even tought about doing. After feeling frustrated with myself for ignoring this prompt for about six months, I couldn't help but to finally listen - listen with my soul and my heart. It was the first time in my life that I had heard something without listening with my ears. It resonated within me to a point where I couldn't help but to do what I had been prompted to do. This lead me to a position that I would never have ended up in had I continued to ignore this intuition.

What does this have to do with keeping a reservoir of water for when the flood gates open? The flood gates opening to me were the change presented to me in the prompt. It's not the prompt or intuition in itself that provides us with necessary water, but the water is our willingness to accept change, to take action and to do something. When we feel a prompt, we become resilient when we rouse our bodies to action. In the movie, Polar Express, it was said, "One thing about trains: It doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on."


No comments: